- Director, Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
- Senior Lecturer, Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Tel Aviv University
פרופ' עמוס אדלר
Dr. Adler is working as the director of the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory at the Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (TASMC) since January 2015. He is a Senior Lecturer at the Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine Department, Tel Aviv University since August 2015.
Dr. Amos Adler graduated from the Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine in 2000 and completed two residency programs in Pediatrics and Clinical Microbiology. After completing a fellowship program in Pediatric Infectious Disease at the University of Chicago, Dr. Adler worked as the director of the National Center of Infection Control Lab from 2011 until 2014. As part of his work and expertise in molecular epidemiology of antimicrobial resistant bacteria, Dr. Adler was appointed as consultant for the European Center for Disease Control (ECDC) and he is the secretary of the Advisory Committee for Laboratory Standards of the Israeli National Center of Infection Control. Dr. Adler is the Chair of the professional examination committee in Clinical Microbiology, Israeli Medical Association.
- Molecular Epidemiology and resistance mechanisms of Hospital Acquired bacterial Infections
- Clostridium difficile infection
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Adler’s Peer-Reviewed Articles.
- Adler A, Sturlesi N, Fallach N, Zilberman-Barzilai D, Hussein O, Blum SE, Klement E, Schwaber MJ, Carmeli Y. Prevalence, Risk Factors, and Transmission Dynamics of Extended-Spectrum-β-Lactamase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae: a National Survey of Cattle Farms in Israel in 2013. J Clin Microbiol 2015;53(11):3515-21.
- Adler A, Hussein O, Ben-David D, Masarwa S, Navon-Venezia S, Schwaber MJ, Carmeli Y; Post-Acute-Care Hospital Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Working Group. Persistence of Klebsiella pneumoniae ST258 as the predominant clone of carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in post-acute-care hospitals in Israel, 2008-13. J Antimicrob Chemother 2015;70(1):89-92.
- Adler A, Schwartzberg Y, Samra Z, Schwartz O, Carmeli Y, Schwaber MJ. Trends and Changes in Clostridium difficile Diagnostic Policies and Their Impact on the Proportion of Positive Samples: a National Survey. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20(11):O904-10.
- Adler A, Khabra E, Chmelnitsky I, Giakkoupi P, Vatopoulos A, Mathers AJ, Yeh AJ, Sifri CD, De Angelis G, Tacconelli E, Villegas MV, Quinn J, Carmeli Y. Development and validation of a multiplex PCR assay for identification of the epidemic ST-258 KPC-producing K. pneumoniae clone. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2014 Jan;78(1):12-5.
- Adler A, Solter E, Masarwa S, Miller-Roll T, Abu-Libdeh B, Khammash H, Najem K, Dekadek S, Stein-Zamir C, Nubani N, Kunbar A, Assous MV, Carmeli Y, Schwaber MJ. Epidemiological and microbiological characteristics of an outbreak caused by OXA-48-producing Enterobacteriaceae in a neonatal intensive care unit in Jerusalem, Israel. J Clin Microbiol 2013; 51: 2926-2930.
- Adler A, Gniadkowski M, Baraniak A, Izdebski R, Fiett J, Hryniewicz W, Malhotra-Kumar S, Goossens H, Lammens C, Lerman Y, Kazma M, Kotlovsky T, Carmeli Y; MOSAR WP5 and WP2 study groups. Transmission dynamics of ESBL-producing Escherichia coli clones in rehabilitation wards at a tertiary care centre. Clin Microbiol Infect, 2012; 18: E497-505.
- Adler A, Paikin S, Sterlin Y, Glick J, Edgar R, Aronov R, Schwaber MJ, Carmeli Y. A Swordless Knight: the epidemiology and molecular characteristics of the blaKPC-negative sequence-type 258 Klebsiella pneumoniae clone. J Clin Microbiol 2012; 50: 3180-3185.
- Adler A, Ben-David D, Schwaber MJ, Masarwa S, Schwartz D, Porat N, Kotlovsky T, Shklyar M, Polivkin N, Weinberg I, Lazary A, Ohana N, Dagan R. Prevalence of Streptococcus pneumoniae in respiratory samples from patients with tracheostomy in a long-term-care facility. J Clin Microbiol 2012; 50: 3368-3370.
- Adler A, Chmelnitsky I, Shitrit P, Sprecher H, Navon-Venezia S, Embon A, Khabra E, Paitan Y, Keren L, Halperin E, Carmeli Y, Schwaber MJ. Molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Israel: dissemination of global clones and unique features. J Clin Microbiol. 2012; 50:134-7.
- Adler A, Givon-Lavi N, Moses AE, Block C, Dagan R. Carriage of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a cohort of infants in southern Israel: risk factors and molecular features. J Clin Microbiol 2010; 48:531-8.
- Adler A, Block C, Engelstein D, Hochner-Celnikcier D, Drai-Hassid R, Moses AE. Culture-based methods for detection and identification of Streptococcus agalactiae in pregnant women-what are we missing? Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2008; 27: 241-3.