List of Publications (Last 5 years):
1. Sharabi A, Mozes E. The suppression of murine lupus by a tolerogenic peptide involves Foxp3-expressing CD8 cells that are required for the optimal induction and function of Foxp3-expressing CD4 cells. J. Immunol. 2008; 181: 3243-3251.
2. Mozes E, Sela U, Sharabi A. A novel synthetic peptide for the specific treatment of lupus: Clinical effects and mechanisms of action. Isr. Med. Assoc. J. 2008; 10: 40-42.
3. Sthoeger ZM*, Sharabi A*, Dayan M, Zinger H, Asher I, Sela U, Mozes E. The tolerogenic peptide, hCDR1, down-regulates pathogenic cytokines and apoptosis and up-regulates immunosuppressive molecules and regulatory T cells in PBMC of lupus patients. Hum. Immunol. 2009; 70: 139-145. *Equal contributors.
4. Parameswaran R, Ben-David, Sharabi A, Zinger H, Mozes E. B-cell activating factor (BAFF) plays a role in the mechanism of action of a tolerogenic peptide that ameliorates lupus. Clin. Immunol. 2009; 131: 223-232.
5. Sthoeger ZM, Sharabi A, Molad Y, Asher I, Zinger H, Dayan M, Mozes E. Treatment of lupus patients by a tolerogenic peptide, hCDR1 (Edratide): Immunomodulation of gene expression. J. Autoimm. 2009; 33: 77-82.
6. Sela U*, Sharabi A*, Dayan M, Hershkovitz R, Mozes E. The role of dendritic cells in the mechanism of action of a peptide that ameliorates lupus in murine models. Immunology 2009; 128: e395-e405. *Equal contributors.
7. Sharabi A, Mozes E. Harnessing regulatory T cells for the therapy of lupus and other autoimmune diseases. Immunotherapy 2009; 1: 385-401.
8. Ben-David H, Sharabi A, Parameswaran R, Zinger H, Mozes E. A tolerogenic peptide down-regulates mature B cells in bone marrow of lupus afflicted mice by inhibition of IL-7 leading to apoptosis. Immunology 2009; 128: 245-252.
9. Sharabi A*, Sthoeger ZM*, Mahlab K, Lapter S, Zinger H, Mozes E. A tolerogenic peptide that induces suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS)-1 restores the aberrant control of IFN-γ signaling in lupus-afflicted (NZBxNZW)F1 mice. Clin. Immunol. 2009; 133: 61-68. *Equal contributors.
10. Lapter S, Marom A, Meshorer A, Elman A, Sharabi A, Vadai E, Neufeld A, Sztainberg Y, Gil S, Getselter D, Chen A, Mozes E. Amelioration of brain pathology and behavioral pathology of mice with systemic lupus erythematosus following treatment with a tolerogenic peptide. Arthritis Rheum. 2009; 60: 3744-3754.
11. Arazi A*, Sharabi A*, Zinger H, Mozes E, Neuman AU. In vivo kinetics of the interactions between CD4 Tregs, CD8 Tregs and CD4+CD25- cells.PLoS One 2009; 4: e8447. *Equal contributors.
12. Sharabi A, Laronne-Bar-On A, Meshorer A, Haran-Ghera N. Chemoimmunotherapy reduces progression of multiple myeloma in a mouse model. Cancer Prev. Res. 2010; 3: 1265-1276.
13. Sharabi A, Dayan M, Zinger H, Mozes E. A new model of induced experimental systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in pigs and its amelioration by treatment with a tolerogenic peptide. J. Clin. Immunol. 2010; 30: 34-44.
14. Sharabi A, Lapter S, Mozes E. Bcl-xL is required for the development of regulatory CD4 cells in SLE-afflicted mice following treatment with a tolerogenic peptide. J. Autoimm. 2010; 34: 87-95.
15. Sharabi A, Haran-Ghera N. Breaking Tolerance in a Mouse Model of Multiple Myeloma by Chemoimmunotherapy. Adv. Cancer Res. 2010; 107: 1-37.
16. Mozes E, Sharabi A. A novel tolerogenic peptide, hCDR1, for the specific treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Autoimmun. Rev. 2010; 10: 22-26.
17. Lapter S, Ben-David H, Sharabi A, Zinger H, Telerman A, Gordin M, Leng L, Bucala R, Shachar I, Mozes E. A Role for the B Cell CD74/MIF Pathway in the Immunomodulation of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by a Therapeutic Tolerogenic Peptide. Immunology 2011; 132: 87-95.
18. Telerman A, Lapter S, Sharabi A, Zinger H, Mozes E. Induction of hippocampal neurogenesis by a tolerogenic peptide that ameliorates lupus manifestations. J. Neuroimmunol. 2010
19. Sharabi A, Mozes E. Bcl-xL affects the development of functional CD4 Tregs. Arthritis Res. Ther. 2010; 12: 405.
20. Sharabi A, Haran-Ghera N. Immune Recovery after Cyclophosphamide Treatment in Multiple Myeloma: Implication for Maintenance Immunotherapy. Bone Marrow Res. 2011
21. Sthoeger Z, Zinger H, Sharabi A, Asher I, Mozes E. The Tolerogenic Peptide, hCDR1, Down-Regulates the Expression of Interferon-a in Murine and Human Systemic Lupus ErythematosuS. PLoS One 2013; 8: e60394.