- Chair Department of Environmental and Occupational Health
- Head, Research Laboratory for Occupational/Environmental Lung Diseases- Tel Aviv Medical Center
- Israeli Delegate od Pulmonary Israeli Association at European Respiratory Society
- Associated Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health , Tel Aviv University
פרופ' אליזבט[ליזי] פיירמן
דואר אלקטרוני: firstname.lastname@example.org
טלפון פנימי: 3988
טלפון חיצוני: 03-6973988
- Professor Elizabeth (Lizy) Fireman was appointed as Chair Department of Environmental and Occupational Health in July ,2016.
- 1985- present: Head, Laboratory of Pulmonary and Allergic Diseases
- 1999 - present Head, National Laboratory Service for Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Prof. Fireman has supervised many graduate and post-graduate students. She has received several awards for his outstanding contribution to research and is the author of more than 100 peer-reviewed articles. She holds a Ph.D. degree from Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine,
- Immunology of interstitial lung diseases.
- Immunology of occupational and environmental lung diseases.
- Development and evaluation of non invasive methods for assessment of interstitial lung diseases.
- Biomonitoring of populations exposed to hazardous dust.
- Assessment of micro and nano sized particulate matter in airways of exposed workers.
Click here for a complete list of Prof. Fireman's Peer-Reviewed Articles.
Publications (from the last three years)
- Ater D., Bat-El B, Fireman N , Fireman E., Shai H., Tasher D. Dalal I MD 2,5, Mandelberg A. Atopic index, bronchial-challenge tests and induced-sputum eosinophils in preschool-children presenting to the ED with wheezing Pediatric Pulm. 2014 Oct;49(10):952-9.
- M. Stark, Y. Lerman, A. Kapel, A. Pardo, Y.Swartz, L Newman, L Maier, E. Fireman Induced Sputum Particles in Beryllium-Exposed Dental Technicians Reflect Hygiene and Oxidative Stress Archives of Occupational Environmental Health 2014;69(2):89-99
- Fireman E, Lerman Y, Stark M, PardoA, Schwarz Y V. Van Dyke M, Jill Elliot J, Barkes B, Lee Newman L, Lisa Maier M A novel alternative to environmental monitoring to detect workers at risk for beryllium exposure-related health effects. Journal Occupational Environmental Hygiene 2014 Dec;11(12):809-18.
- Fireman E., Bliznuk B, Schwarz Y, Soferman R, Kivity S Biological monitoring of particulate matter accumulated in the lungs of urban asthmatic children in the Tel Aviv Metropolitanian Area. International Archives of Occupational Environmental Health 2015 Jun;26(3):346-60
- An Official American Thoracic Society Statement: diagnosis and management of beryllium sensitivity and chronic beryllium disease. Balmes JR, Abraham JL, Dweik RA, Fireman E, Fontenot AP, Maier LA, Muller-Quernheim J, Ostiguy G, Pepper LD, Saltini C, Schuler CR, Takaro TK, Wambach PF; ATS Ad Hoc Committee on Beryllium Sensitivity and Chronic Beryllium Disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 Nov 15;190(10)
- Elalouf O , Fireman E, Levartovsky D, Kaufman I, Ori Rogovski O, Ori Elkayam E, Caspi D, Paran D. Decreased diffusion capacity on lung function testing in asymptomatic patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus does not predict future lung disease Lupus 2015 Aug;24(9):973-9
- Benor S, Alcalay Y, Armoni Domany K, Gut G, Soferman S, Kivity S, E. Fireman. Ultrafine particle content in exhaled breath condensate in airways of asthmatic children. Journal of Breath Research 2015 Apr 1;9(2)
- Nirel R, Maimon N, Fireman E, Agami S, Eyal A, Peretz A. Respiratory hospitalizations of children living near a hazardous industrial site adjusted for prevalent dust: a case-control study. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2015 Mar;218(2):273-9
- Shtraichman Osnat; Blanc Paul; Ollech Jacob; Fridel Lodmila; Fuks, Leonardo; E. Fireman; Kramer Mordechai. Outbreak of autoimmune disease in a silicosis cluster linked to high-silica content artificial stone Occupational Medicine 2015 Aug;65(6):444-50
- Bar-Shai A, Alcalay Y, Adi Sagiv, A Rotem M , Alon R, and Fireman E. Fingerprint of Endogenous Lung fluid Ultra-Fine-Particles, a Novel Marker of Acute Lung Inflammation Respirology 2015 Jun 10
- Fireman-Klein E, Man A.,Schwartz Y, Fireman E IGRA guided regulation of prophylactic treatment for latent tuberculosis in Israel IMAJ. . 2015 Jul;17(7):405-9
- Lavi A, Potchter O, Omer I, Fireman E Mapping air pollution by biological monitoring in the Tel-Aviv metropolitan area Int J Environ Health Res 2015 Nov 24:1-15
- Ophir N., Bar Shai A, Alkalay Y, Israeli S, Korenstein R ,Krermer M, Fireman E. Artificial stone dust-induced functional and inflammatory abnormalities in exposed workers monitored quantitatively by biometrics ERJ Research March 17 2016 2:86
- Fireman E, Alcalay Y, Ophir N, Kivity S, Stejskal V Identification of metal sensitization in sarcoid-like metal-exposed patients by the MELISA® lymphocyte proliferation test — a pilot study Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology Mar 17, 2016 2: 00086
- Litinsky I, Fireman E, Pharan D, Polachek A, Broide A, Sharabi A, Anouk M, Elkayam O. Induced sputum analysis in patients with systemic sclerosis Accepted for publication 2016 Oct;61(10):1369-73. Respiratory Care
- Grubstein A, Shtraichman O, Fireman E, Bachar GN, Noach-Ophir N, Kramer MR. Radiological Evaluation of Artificial Stone Silicosis Outbreak: Emphasizing Findings in Lung Transplant Recipients. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2016 Nov/Dec;40(6):923-927