List of publications (2008-2012)
66. A Barak, D Varssano, P Halpern, A Lowenstein. Ophtalmologists, suicide bombings and getting it right in the emergency department. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2008; 246(2):199-203 (Ophthalmology 21/48, IF=2.158)
67. N Nirel, R Goldwag, Z Feigenberg, D Abadi, P Halpern. Do the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) need more paramedics? An examination of supply and demand. Harefuah 2008; 147(2): 125-30, 183
68. Y. Goldin, S. Berliner, O. Rogowski, O. Paslowski, J. Serov, P. Halpern, V. Deutsch, R. Friedmann, I Shapira, G. Aviram. Correlated expression of D-Dimer concentrations with thrombotic burden in acute pulmonary embolism. Blood-Coagul-Fibrinolysis. 2008; 19(2): 153-8 (Hematology 49/62, IF=1.398)
69. M Yanuka, D Soffer, P Halpern. An interventional study to improve the quality of analgesia in the Emergency Department. Can J Emerg Med. 2008; 10(5): 1-5 (Emergency Medicine 10/23, IF 1.515)
70. D Soffer, J Klausner, D Bar-Zohar, O Szold, C Schulman, P Halpern, A Shimonov, M Hareuveni, O Ben-Tal. Usage of blood products in multiple casualty incidents: the experience of a level 1 trauma center in Israel. Arch Surg. 2008; 143(10):983-989 (Surgery 6/148, IF=4.259)
71. N Nirel, R Goldwag, Z Feigenberg, D Abadi, P Halpern . Stress, work overload, burnout, and satisfaction among paramedics in Israel. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2008; 23(6):537-546
72. O Segal, E Behrbalk, I Shapira, I Otremsky, S Berliner, P Halpern, J Serov, Y Arbel.
Timing of C-reactive protein increment in acute traumatic stress: relevance for CRP determinations in acute cardiovascular events. Stress and Health. 2008; 24:281-285 (Psychiatry 87/101; Psychology 57/61, IF=0.757)
73. Y Paran, D Yablecovitch, G Choshen, I Zeitlin, O Rogowski, R Ben-Ami, M Katzir, H Saranga, T Rosenzweig , Y Orbach, D Justo, P Halpern, S Berliner. C-reactive protein velocity to distinguish febrile bacterial infections from non-bacterial febrile illnesses in the emergency department. Crit Care. 2009 ;13(2):R50. Epub 2009 Apr 8 (Critical Care Medicine 4/21, IF=4.553)
74. JL Kashuk, M Lynn, G Caspi, P Halpern, EE Moore. Bomb explosions in acts of terrorism: evil creativity challenges our trauma systems: a review of current concepts.
J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 209(1): 134-40 (Surgery 12/148, IF=3.602)
75. R Zaslansky, D Hertz, S Brill, J Or, W Meissner, P Halpern . Tracking the effects of policy changes in prescribing analgesics in one emergency department: a 10-year analysis.
European J of Emergency Medicine. 2010;17(1):56-8 (Emergency Medicine 12/19, IF=0.901)
76. R Arieli, Y Daskalovic, O Ertracht, Y Arieli, Y Adir, A Abramovich, P Halpern
Flow resistance and added work of breathing of humidifiers and endotracheal tubes in the hyperbaric chamber. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2010; Available Online 1 May 2010 (Emergency Medicine 7/13, IF=1.888)
77. P Halpern, J Moskovich, B Avrahami, Y Bentur, D Soffer, K Peleg
Morbidity associated with MDMA (Ecstasy) abuse – survey of emergency department admissions. Human and Experimental Toxicology May 20, 2010 (Toxicology 57/75, IF=1.456)
78. O Uri, L Yosefov, A Haim, E Behrbalk, P Halpern.
Lidocaine gel as an anesthetic protocol for nasogastric tube insertion in the Emergency Department. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2010. (Emergency Medicine 7/13, IF=1.888)
79. C Hobgood, V Anantharaman, G Bandiera, P Cameron, P Halpern, J Holliman, N Jouriles, D Kilroy, T Mulligan, A Singer, for the International Federation for Emergency Medicine
International Federation for Emergency Medicine model curriculum for medical student education in emergency medicine. Emerg Med J 2010;27:766-769. (Emergency Medicine 5/13, IF=1.552)
80. International Federation for Emergency Medicine model curriculum for medical student education in emergency medicine
C Hobgood, V Anantharaman, G Bandiera, P Cameron, P Halpern, CJ Holliman, N Jouriles, D Kilroy, T Mulligan, A Singer. For the International Federation for Emergency
Medicine. Int J Emerg Med (2010) 3:1–7.
81. O Uri, E Behrbalk, A Haim, E Kaufman, P Halpern
Procedural sedation by propofol for painful orthopedic manipulation in the emergency department expedites patient management compared to a midazolam/ketamine regimen. A randomized prospective study. Accepted for publication in J Bone Joint Surg (Orthopedics 3/56; Surgery 16/166, IF=3.427)
82. Y Nadiv, R Vachbroit, A Gefen, D Elad, U Zaretsky, D Moran, P Halpern, A Ratnovsky
Evaluation of Fatigue of Respiratory and Lower Limb Muscles during Prolonged Aerobic Exercise. Journal of Applied Biomechanics 2011 (Physiology 41/74; Respiratory System 21/40, IF=4.35)
83. P Halpern, S Goldberg, J Goh, K Koenig
Principles for Designing an Emergency Department Facility for Optimal Management of Mass Casualty Incidents. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 2012;27(2):204-212 (Emergency Medicine 6/13, IF=1.24)
84. Debacker M, Hubloue I, Dhondt E, Rockenschaub G, Rüter A, Codreanu T, Koenig KL, Schultz C, Peleg K, Halpern P, Stratton S, Della Corte F, Delooz H, Ingrassia PL, Colombo D, Castrèn M. Utstein-Style Template for uniform data reporting of acute medical response in disasters.
PLoS Currents Disasters. 2012 Mar 23 [last modified: 2012 mar 30] doi:10.1371/4f6cf3e8df15a
2007 Kinetics of N2O ingested in an alcoholic beverage. NIS 10,000 Grant from Private Company. Study completed.
- 2007-2008 Evaluation of Respiratory and Lower-Limb Muscle Fatigue Indices during Anaerobic Exercise. NIS 60,000 grant from the IDF Medical Corps Scientific Committee. Study completed and published.
- 2012 A National ED survey of alcohol and recreational drug abuse complications. NIS 130,000 grant from the Ministry of Labor Bureau of Controlled Substances. Study being conducted.