Call for applications: The Yoran Institute PhD scholarship for advanced PhD students in the field of Personalized Medicine
The Yoran Institute of Genome Research and Personalized Medicine invites applications for a PhD scholarship (35,000 ILS) to support advanced PhD students conducting research related to personalized medicine in Tel Aviv University
- Applicants must be active Ph.D. students at Tel Aviv University with an approved research proposal and at least two years of research.
- This scholarship is to provide financial support above the 100% scholarship that is available from other resources.
- Awardees will be selected based on academic excellence and track record (with an emphasis on publications).
- The scholarship will be distributed to the student through the Ph.D advisor.
- The scholarships will be available for up to two years (for a total of 35,000 NIS).
- The awardees will be invited to present their findings at the Yoran Institute Annual Symposium towards the end of their Ph.D. studies.
- The publications emanating from the research must acknowledge the support from the Yoran Institute (e.g. “This research was partly supported by The Yoran Institute of Genome Research and Personalized Medicine PhD scholarship to X.Y.”).
Note: Only one applicant from each lab will be considered.
Applications (in English) should include:
1) CV and list of publications (up to two pages).
2) Two pages of a research proposal (font: Ariel 11/Times New Roman 12, line spacing: 1.5) including:
- Research aims
- Research plan (outline)
3) Preliminary results including figures may be added on one additional page.
4) References (up to 20)
5) 200-word summary stating the relevance of the applicant’s research to the field of personalized medicine.
6) Two letters of recommendation (to be sent separately by the referee with the applicant’s name as the file name to email@example.com).
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file by May 15, 2021, to Yoran's Institute secretary - Shlomit Levy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line “Yoran Institute PhD scholarship application” and the applicant’s name.
Rina Arbesfeld, Ruth Ashery-Padan, Ran Elkon, Irit Gat Viks, Vered Padler-Karavani